MARC INBANE was founded in 2012 and within 6 years gained a worldwide position in luxury tanning. The premium tanning brand is available in over 40 countries and is renowned for its natural tanning formulas. The booming growth of the brand aroused the special attention of many, curious as to what drives the company behind the brand. What makes this particular brand so unique and which yet undiscovered innovations can we look forward to? Find out in this exclusive interview with MARC INBANE Founder & Owner Mr. Bart Engel.
What is the idea behind Marc Inbane?
HAUTE COUTURE TANNING
MARC INBANE is a premium brand and leading player in the field of tanning cosmetics. Celebrities derive their natural appearance from it and it is often used in shows of the major fashion houses. The brand has already won a number of impressive prizes and is currently being sold in over 40 countries. The luxury collection is daily used and recommended by leading hairstylists, make-up artists and dermatologists.
In less than 6 years MARC INBANE has shown an impressive track record in delivering both revolutionary and luxurious tanning products to over 40 countries worldwide.
After missing their flight at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Ingo, Bart and Nele were waiting for their next flight. To make time more pleasant, they watched all passers-by while enjoying a drink. Suddenly they noticed the appearance and posture of the departing and returning passengers. The returning passengers looked radiant, tanned and healthy, unlike the passengers who still had to depart. With the healthy appearance of the returning passengers in mind, the idea of a Natural Tanning Spray arose. A healthy and save way to enjoy a natural holiday tan throughout the year.
INgo, BArt and NEle mixed up their names and soon MARC INBANE was born!
What distinguishes your products?
A combination of pure ingredients, craftsmanship, minimalistic values of design and professionalism through the entire process puts MARC INBANE in a leading position in the world of luxury cosmetics. The following characteristics clearly distinguish our products:
• Revolutionary formulas
– Our 2018 novelty Perle de Soleil, tanning drops to mix with your day cream, body lotion or sunscreen, is developed based on a 4-fold tanning technology and uses an airless drop dosage system. Both totally revolutionary!
Just a few weeks after the official launch, Perle de Soleil was awarded a Diplôme d’Honneur, a high international award for innovation, in Paris.
– The award-winning Natural Tanning Spray uses an innovative and airless bag-on-valve system to create a total separation of the tanning fluid from air so you can optimally benefit from the pure and natural ingredients. Also, it ensures and maintains a superior tanning mist.
– Both moisturizer La Hydratan and tinted moisturizer Le Teint contain BronzylTM, which stimulates the production of melanin and activates the natural tanning process. In this way, it contributes to an even tan and induces the skin to build up its own natural UV protection.
• Award-winning products: In less than 6 years, a large part of our collection already won impressive international awards
• Craftsmanship: MARC INBANE has an admirable sense of revolutionizing the tanning cosmetics market. Products are developed with the expertise of an in-house R&D team, guaranteeing MARC INBANE’s leading position.
• Product characteristics: MARC INBANE products are hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested, contain pure and natural ingredients, are free of preservatives and microplastics, cruelty-free and vegan
To which target group are the products addressed?
Our target audience, both female and male, is aware of the harmful effects of prolonged exposure to UV rays of the sun and sunbed and wants a safe alternative with unparalleled extra benefits to get that natural looking tan.
Distribution in both the domestic and international markets takes place via high-end sales channels: salons, hairstylists, dermatologists, etc.
Which products from Marc Inbane should each of us have at home?
1) If you want that instant Ibiza tan, the award-winning Natural Tanning Spray is a musthave. And of course our tanning tools for perfect, even and streak free results on the body (with the Glove) or face and hands (with the Powder Brush or Kabuki Brush).
2) If you desire a more subtle sunny glow that can be tailored to everyone’s wishes, Perle de Soleil is your match! The tanning drops allow you to stick to your existing skincare regime while tanning. Simply blend the drops with your favorite moisturizer, body lotion or sunscreen to create a custom and natural looking tan.
3) Black Exfoliator to free your skin from impurities and even the skin surface before the use of tanning products.
4) Travel Set, a trial size of the Natural Tanning Spray (50 ml) + kabuki brush in a luxury pouch (to accompany you on your trip/holiday abroad)
To which products can we look forward to in the future?
Our expertise is in safe tanning with or without sun exposure. Currently, we are in the process of developing a very unique product novelty in this field. Earlier this year, we were the first in the world to introduce a tanning product based on a 4-fold tanning technology, which led to more interesting possibilities and opened new doors.
I want every single product that we introduce to be iconic and the quality should be the best of its kind. Our upcoming novelties in the product development process already excel in terms of testing but I push the R&D team to set aside their usual boundaries and to develop next-generation formulas. Where many brands would be satisfied and stop further development, our R&D team will continue to explore new possibilities. We launch when we have a phenomenal novelty. There’s no pressure, just pleasure… 🙂
For instance, the development of Perle de Soleil tanning drops took us about 3 years and it was only 3 weeks after the official launch that it won the Diplôme d’Honneur in Paris, a high international award for innovation. That moment, you know that fine-tuning pays off.
Where do you get the inspiration for new products?
We don’t just look at new developments in cosmetics, but also keep an eye on other markets. For instance, we decided to use charcoal in Black Exfoliator because of Asian habits. In Asia, people use this carbon to brush their teeth because of its purifying effects. We are also guided by the uniqueness and treasures of nature, both from the sea and the earth. And let’s not forget master chefs (Michelin star chefs), who are constantly experimenting with unique ingredients. These are fantastic areas we get our inspiration from.
Marc Inbane received the Beauty Astir in 2015. What does this price mean to you?
The Beauty Astir is considered the Oscar of the beauty industry. Each award is a true honor and this one in particular, as the independent and professional jury of beauty experts rated the sum of aspects such as ingredients, quality, innovation, performance vs promise and appearance instead of just awarding a high-end brand.